The Malaysian Society for Industrial Safety was registered on the 27th April 1971.
Since its formation and registration, the Society has all the time been a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political organisation.
In 1991 the Society was renamed as the Malaysian Society for Occupational Safety and Health where the Patron of the Society is the Honourable Minister for Human Resources Malaysia.
To be the leader in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Organization in Asia Pacific
To enhance and promote OSH in all workplaces and in all industries in support of the Government’s policy on OSH.
- To develop leadership, ethical and integrity values among the members
- To enhance competency and capability for OSH Practitioners and Professionals
- To promote volunteerism among the members
- To be a platform for togetherness and welfares through strong member partnership
- To move proactively into OSH international participation and collaboration activities
- To inculcate a balance health, safety, well-being among member as an agent of change for public community