INTRODUCTION OF PUBLIC COMMENT PROCESS FOR DRAFT MS ISO 45001:2018 & IFTAR WITH MSOSH
Member: RM 100
Non Member: RM 200
MS ISO 45001 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces, by preventing work related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance. This standard is applicable to any organisation that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
This standard is identical with ISO/FDIS 45001, Occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system - Requirements with guidance for use
How does it differ from other OH&S standards?
ISO 45001 was developed with consideration of other related standards, such as OHSAS 18001, Occupational health and safety management, the International Labour Organization’s ILO - OSH2001 guidelines and various national standards, and is consistent with the ILO’s international labour standards and conventions. Developed under the ISO system, with the input of experts from more than 70 countries, it provides an international framework that takes into account the interaction between an organization and its business environment. ISO 45001 adopts a risk-based approach that ensures it is effective and undergoes continual improvement to meet an organization’s ever-changing context.
- To obtain a comprehensive and consolidated OSH practitioners views on MS ISO 45001 prior to submission of comments to the TC/W/6 Technical Committee on Safe System of Work and Practices in Occupational Setting
- To provide a platform for active interaction for knowledge exchange on development and review of OSH Guidance Document and related activities.
Who should attend
- OSH practitioners
- Representatives involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising of OSHMS in their organisations
- Lim Suet Lai
- MOHD YUSOF BIN KHUZAIMAH
- Nor Azmin bin Tajul Arifin
- Hamdi Bin Abdul Halim
- Mohd Nasrun Bin Abd Halim @ Nawi
- Irwan Sukma Sukarman
- Azizi Ahamad
- Dr. Irniza Rasdi
- MOHAMMAD IZZUDDIN BIN ABDULLAH
- Mohd Ashraf bin Zakaria