Disablement & Invalidity Questions During SOCSO Medical Boards
INTRODUCTION - Tea talks on OSH are organized by MSOSH to facilitate the dissemination of OSH related information for a better understanding and application by the relevant players in the public and private sectors with the ultimate goal of reducing work related injuries and fatalities.
1) Understanding about relevant statutory requirements in the general duties of employees.
2) Have in depth information and knowledge in safe work practices toward creating safety and health awareness.
3) Be able to train other workers in creating safe work practices
TARGET GROUPS ;-
1) All levels of employees in PERKESO.
2) Safety and Health Committee Members
3) Worker Representatives & Union Members
Mr. CHAN HOOD CHENG is the Acting Vice President to the Malaysian Society for Occupational Safety and Health. He has recently retired with Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) and has been with the Organisation since 1977. Besides the vast experiences with SOCSO, he had also lectured with THE NATIONAL INSTITUUE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH (NIOSH), THE SCHOOL OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, GENERAL HOSPITAL KL AND MALAYSIAN INSTITUE OF INSURANCE (MII). In 2014 he was certified as a HRDF trainer after completing the CPTF Course in University of Malaya HE also had published articles on Social Security and attended International Conferences in London, Perth, Jakarta, Tanzania, Hongkong, China, Singapore, Bangkok, Phillipines, Mauratius and Geneva.
TENTATIVE PROGRAMME ;-
Date: 20 Jan 2017
0830 Registration Session/ Safety Videos Viewing for early comers 0900 Overview on SOCSO and Medical Boards
1000 Coffee Break
1030 Disablement and Invalidity Questions
1200 Video on Return To Work
1210 Q & A
The Malaysian Society for Occupational Safety & Health (MSOSH)
No. 1, Jalan Pegaga D U12/D
Section U12, 40170 Shah Alam,