The concept of Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) has emerged during the past two decades in South East Asian countries due to challenging environment.
Occupational HSE is well-known process for HSE practitioners to practise at their workplace. Despite this knowledge in application to the industry, a great majority of HSE practitioners are having lack of opportunities for skill development and capacity building in CBDRM.
This 3 days training is designed to HSE Practitioners to gain basic knowledge and skill before they be able to practice CBDRM at their community level. Hopefully with their skills in managing risk at workplace, they can be a champion at community level and help to build a resilient community.
This session covers 1 day lecture session and 2 days practical session at the disaster prone community in Kg. Seberang Temerloh, Pahang.
Mr Mohamad Ezuan bin Abdul Jalil (Ezuan Jalil) is pursuing doctoral degree in Technological Hazards in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) focusing on Industrial Disaster Risk Reduction. He has been working in various industries for almost 16 years ranging from chemical, petrochemical and technical risk consultancy firm. He has wide experience teaching in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) subjects such as HSE Management System (HSE-MS), Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Safety, Process Safety Management (PSM), Incident Investigation, Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Business Continuity Management (BCM).
Mr Mohd Zainoor Annuar (Mohd Zainoor Annuar) is industrial HSE practitioner, he previously work with Major Oil & Gas company and was assigned to manage risk and ERP at offshore, he currently doing research in community preparedness under Malaysia University of Technology. He obsessed in transforming HSE practitioner to become facilitator to community with regards to ERP. He is currently a trainer for CIDB and NIOSH Johor. He also delivering HSE subject to various industry in Johor. Experience in coordinating ERP drill, Tier 3 Drill Evaluator and active in participating table-top exercise.
Mr Azizan bin Ramli has served in two multi-national companies as an engineer for more than ten years, during his career in the industry, specialization has been given to the field of process design and research products that are environmentally friendly (eco-friendly product). His interest in Environmental Management has given him space to pursue his studies at Universiti Putra Malaysia in the field and has earned a Master of Environment through projects related to waste minimization and clean technology. Currently he is pursuing doctoral degree in Technological Hazards in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) focusing on Cluster Safety Management which looking into Disaster Risk Reduction. He has wide experience teaching in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)-related subjects such as Environmental Management, HSE-related legislations, OSH in Chemical Industries, Process Safety, and HSE Management System.
OBJECTIVE OF PROGRAM
• Equip HSE practitioners with CBDRM theory and practical tools in framework of reducing risk
• Hands-on experiences to deliver CBDRM concept to community
• Instructions, tables and charts
• Participatory Project Cycle Management
• Participatory Disaster Risk Assessment and Action
• Formation and Training of CBDRM Organizations
• Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
(1st day) via fast learning approach:
• Lecture Session (theory)
• Break for Friday prayer
• Group assignment
• Ice breaking with community (Community Engagement)
• Group assignment and discussion
• Lunch with community (Participatory Project Cycle Module)
• Village Watching and Hazard Mapping
• Group discussion on findings
• Presentation to community leader
• Discussion on monitoring process
• Wrap-up session
• Depart to MSOSH office
• 20 pax Industrial HSE Practitioner who keen to give extra mile to develop others to make “Preparedness & Readiness” as their life culture.
• Accommodation and transportation provided! (Menara PERKESO, PJ – Kg. Seberang Temerloh, Pahang – Menara PERKESO, PJ)
REGISTRATION FEE (NEW! GREAT DISCOUNT)
New Fee :
RM60 (MSOSH member, membership renewal)
RM60 (Non-member, membership application)
Normal price :
RM200 (MSOSH member)
5th October 2016!
5th October 2016!
5th October 2016!
The Malaysian Society for Occupational Safety & Health (MSOSH)
4th Floor Wisma PERKESO,
Lot 141, Jalan Selangor,
Section 6, 46990 Petaling Jaya,