MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE MANAGEMENT FOR CHEMICAL HAZARDOUS TO HEALTH
MEMBER: RM 200
NON MEMBER: RM 400
Electrical, Mechanical, Petroluem, Instrument and Chemical Engineer and Technician, Young Graduate, Contractor Site Supervisor, Site Safety Supervisor (SSS), Safety Health Officer (SHO), Safety Practitioner and Safety Manager
2 days including theory and fundamental.
Medical surveillance program for CHTH is regulated under Regulation 27 of the USECHH Regulations 2000. It is normally recommended by the CHRA Assessor for risks that require further surveillance due to the significant risk and impact to the health of workers.
However, often times the health effects of chemicals are not specific or pathognomonic. For example, Lung cancer may be caused by chromium fumes and also can be caused by smoking. Occupational diseases require evidence to prove that the condition is work related.
Thus, adequate evidence of work related conditions, require adequate knowledge on the risk at the workplace, the chemical itself, CHRA, chemical exposure monitoring and control measures.
Similar knowledge is also required to help determine the weakness or failure of the control measures that resulted in a health effects.
In conclusion, managers of medical surveillance program require adequate knowledge on other related field in order to really takes care of the health of the workers from health effects of CHTH.
The training shall also provide the rational and the understanding of the USECHH REGULATIONS.
To provide the necessary knowledge for the safety officers, occupational health Doctor, and managers to manage a successful medical surveillance programme.
- Understand latest CLASS Regulations chemical hazard classification
- Understand the Permissible Exposure Limits, action levels, biological monitoring, and target organ monitoring.
- Understand the CHRA decision making process. Its strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand chemical exposure monitoring
- Understand control measures for chemical hazardous to health, weaknesses and strength
- Understand the medical surveillance program described in the health surveillance guidelines by DOSH Malaysia.
- Understand biological monitoring, its strengths, weakness and limitations.
- Understand target organs medical assessment as the basis of medical surveillance program.
- SHARINA HANUR BINTI HARITH
- Kumaresh A/L Paramasivam
- Alex Vimalaraj a/l Ignaci Louis
- DR. NORAIDA BINTI ZAINIDIN
- MOHAMMAD IZZUDDIN BIN ABDULLAH