PERAK OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION
MSOSH WORKPLACE HEALTH PROMOTION WORKSHOP
MSOSH MENAWARKAN UNTUK BEKERJASAMA DENGAN SYARIKAT YANG BERMINAT UNTUK MENJALANKAN BENGKEL PANDUAN AKTIVITI SIHAT DI SYARIKAT ANDA : 1 HARI IN-HOUSE TRAINING (SUBSIDI DARI PERKESO)
Keutamaan Syarikat :
1) Ahli Korporat MSOSH yang lama atau baru
2) Syarikat yang menyertai pertandingan MSOSH OSH Award
3) Syarikat mempunyai ahli MSOSH yang aktif dan mempunyai Jawatankuasa K&K.
4) Syarikat yang mempunyai ramai (>10 org) pekerja yang mengalami masalah kesihatan seperti obesiti, darah tinggi, kencing manis, kolesterol, jantung dll.
Organisasi yang berminat boleh hubungi Dr Shawal-0133687255 untuk pra -pendaftaran dan saringan kelayakan serta syarat -syarat penyertaan.
INTER VARSITY SHORT VIDEO COMPETITION
INTER VARSITY SHORT VIDEO COMPETITION
• YouTube video competition : 1st March to 15th May 2018
• Theme(s): Noise, chemical and ergonomics only
• Entrance is free
• The video should be in improving awareness among workers in
general and top managements
• Students can work alone or in groups
• Students can submit more than 1 categories and numbers of video
• Video should be within 3 to 5 minutes
• Top three video will be uploaded in DOSH website
• Evaluation criteria will be based on information, easy to
understand, design and creativity
• The award ceremony will be during National OSH Program 2018
• Any inquiry : 1) Dr Shaharuddin (email@example.com) 2) Dr Ng Yee
Registration : https://goo.gl/forms/hWC6fYe5wo7JLmHi1
Submission is through email (file attachment/dropbox/google drive
link) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement from President on Fire Incident in EPF Building
Looking at the fire in KWSP, preliminary findings showed that the cause of fire was believed to be created from sparks during maintenance work on the first floor of the building.The sparks landed on the External claddings of the building, made from poly foam. This issue need to be pondered upon:
Why there were sparks. Cause Sparks originated from maintenance work. Maintenance work such as welding, cutting, drilling by Maintenance workers, could be contractors. Is there any safety programs to control contractor works such as Safety Induction, Contractor Permit To Work (PTW) n Hot Work Permit? Do u know sparks can get trapped inside sponge or foam and then slowly over a period of time can cause a fire after the contractor leaves their workplace upon job completion. That's why inside the Hot Work Permit (Permit for doing Welding Cutting Grinding) there is 1 item to be checked, which is the PIC has to inspect the Hot Work place within 15 min upon completion of the Hot Work.
On a negative thought, I suspect there is NO Contractor Safety Management Program here.
However the BOMBA top official so far has only stressed about “spark” as the source of ignition and the fuel source was Polyfoam as per seen in the newspaper. Since fire investigation is still in the early stage, issues of Hot Work Management procedure, unsafe act and monitoring and surveillance was not yet emphasised. As such let’s look into our own contractors activities and MSOSH is willing to assist any Goverment agencies in setting up the Contractor Safety Management Program.
KHAIRUDDIN BIN HAIRAN
MALAYSIAN SOCIETY FOR OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
MSOSH – Training Need Analysis
Currently, we are doing the training need analysis among MSOSH members (individual and corporate) in order to determine the type and title of training that need to be organized and conducted for members for year 2018.
Therefore, we need your full cooperation and assistance from our respective members in this matter.
Send the COMPLETE FORM to: email@example.com, / firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for the analysis form. For more info: 019-2051719 (Mr. Azwadi, MSOSH Manager)