Online Mentor Mentee 3.0 : PPE Management (Session 4)
PPE MANAGEMENT COURSE OUTLINE
- Describe the hierarchy of controls as it relates to personal protective equipment.
- Identify types of personal protective equipment utilized in general industry.
- Explain personal protective equipment training requirements.
- Explain the employer responsibilities regarding personal protective equipment.
- Explain the employee responsibilities regarding personal protective equipment.
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Elimination/substitution-Highest level of protection, Eliminate hazard from the workplace
- Engineering control-Physical changes to workplace
- Administrative control-Requires worker or employer to do something
- Types of PPE
- Head protection-Why head protection is important, Classes of hard hats-CLASS G (General), Protect against impact, penetration, Low-voltage electrical protection (proof-tested to 2,200 volts)
- Eye protection-Eye and face protection – must comply with ANSI Z87.1-2003, or ANSI Z87.1-1989 (R-1998)
- Face protection-Provide protection from hazards, physical contact such as flying particles, ultraviolet light, laser, and welding
- Respiratory protection-Types of respirators, Air-Purifying (APR) – remove contaminants from air, Atmosphere-Supplying – provide clean, breathable air
- Hearing protection-How to insert ear plugs properly, Noise Reduction
Rating (NRR) of devices
- Body protection-protective clothing, protective clothing is required for HAZWOPER activities, EPA’s levels of PPE
- The importance of wearing PPE-Each employee who is required to use PPE must be trained to know
MEMBER: RM 50
NON MEMBER: RM 100
Account No: 8881029263059
Organization Name: MSOSH ACADEMY SDN. BHD
Bank Name & Branch: AMBANK ISLAMIC BERHAD, PJ
For more details please download program brochure below
- Choong Moon Yong
- SUHAILY Amran
- LIM CHEN KUAN
- THIYAGU SUNDARAM
- LIM JUN BIN