LEAD AUDITOR & AUDITOR
- LEAD AUDITOR
Must have OSH direct working experience (example - authorities, consultant, trainer, auditor and practitioner) of minimum 15 years.
Must have OSH direct working experience (example - authorities, consultant, trainer, auditor and practitioner) of minimum 10 years.
- Shall have at minimum, 10 Man-Days EXTERNAL OSH MS auditing experience (Auditing experience within the same group of companies or In-House auditing is not considered) AND at minimum, has audited 5 external companies. Previous MSOSH award audit man-days may be included as part of the Man-Days.
- Must have attended the OSH MS Lead Auditor Course by Certification Bodies recognized by MSOSH of minimum 5 days duration and successfully passed the exam. A copy of certification must be submitted to MSOSH Award Audit Committee for verification and recordkeeping.
- Must have experience working for more than 3 years with company or organization that has been certified with either OHSAS 18001 or MS 1722 or other MSOSH recognized OSH Management Systems.
- Audit Status Sustainability
- Must provide evidence have conducted at least 3 Man-Days (minimum 8 hours per audit day or equivalent) annually either MSOSH Award Audit conducted within 2 years prior to intended Audit Year, or other EXTERNAL audit annually to sustain the status as MSOSH Award Auditor. A copy of Audit Log or Register (from recognized Certification/Auditing Body) must be submitted to MSOSH Award Audit Committee for verification and approval.
- MSOSH Award Audit Committee has the right to downgrade the Auditor Status to ASSISTANT Auditor, should the auditor fail to provide evidence i.e. Audit Log/Register as evidence to show that the auditor has sustained its audit competency status.
- Must attend at least once in two (2) consecutive years, Auditor Training conducted by facilitator appointed by MSOSH Award Audit Committee.
- Must attend at least one (1) Auditor Checklist Review Meeting annually.
- Lead Auditor
- Is defined as an auditor leading a team of audit personnel minimum 2 person, which may include the Lead Auditor him/herself.
- An auditor who conducts an audit by him/herself is NOT DEFINED AS LEAD AUDITOR, but defined as an AUDITOR.
- MSOSH Award Audit Committee will have the right to select and approve the Lead Auditor for each audit.
- Other Additional Criteria
- Auditee may request for the additional requirement for an auditor to fulfill i.e. additional training for offshore audit.
- Auditee may reject an auditor prior to the audit with solid reason,hence the MSOSH Award Audit Committee may need to replace the auditor with other auditor, where relevant.
- MSOSH Award Committee has the right to drop any Lead Auditor/Auditor whom has:
- not adequately performed to the expectation of the MSOSH Award Committee
- received numerous justifiable complaints from auditee
- not fulfilled the Items 1-5 above
- Assistant Auditor must have OSH direct working experience (example - authorities, consultant, trainer, auditor and practitioner) of minimum 10 years.
- Assistant Auditor shall have at minimum, 10 Man-Days INTERNAL OSH MS auditing experience (Auditing experience within the same group of companies or In-House auditing is considered).
- Assistant Auditor must have attended the OSH MS LeadAuditor Course by MSOSH recognized certification bodies of minimum 5 days duration and successfully passed the exam. A copy of certification must be submitted to MSOSH Award Audit Committee for verification and recordkeeping.
- Assistant Auditor, prior to accompanying a Lead Auditor/Auditor to an audit exercise must attend at least a 1 Day Documentation Audit Checklist Training and another 1 Day Site Audit Checklist Training conducted by facilitator appointed by MSOSH Award Audit Committee.
- Upon completing the above requirement, for an Assistant Auditor to be UPGRADED TO AUDITOR STATUS must:
- Complete at least 10 Man-Days (8 hours per day) accompanying an Auditor conducting a MSOSH Award Audit.
- 10 Man-Days (which normally covers 10 audit sites) must be conducted with at least five (5) different Assessors (Auditors).
- Assessor (auditors) must be selected by MSOSH Award Audit Committee.
- Auditor is authorized to advice an Assistant Auditor during the course of an audit, where deemed necessary, to ensure the quality of the audit to be maintained at the highest standards, at all time.
- Assessment result will be submitted to MSOSH Award Audit Committee upon completion of audit for verification and approval.
- MSOSH Award Audit Committee have the right to review the performance, request for improvement or reject an Assistant Auditor, based on the audit performance report upon receiving input from the Lead Auditor, Auditee Management and/or MSOSH Award Audit Sub-Committee
Main responsibilities (Lead Auditor/Auditor/Assistant Auditor)
- Remain within the audit scope and do not attempt to change scope
- Planning and carrying out effectively and efficiently assigned responsibilities
- Documenting observations
- Identify and describe non-conformance
- Assist Lead Auditor to decide if nonconformance exist
- Be prepared to present and clarify NONCONFORMANCE at Closing Meeting
- Maintain confidentiality and security of audit document.
- Maintain high level of ethical and technical competence during the course of the audit such as good time management and presentable.
- Remain impartial, independent and objective i.e. shall not have any business dealings with the companies to be audited for the period of 1 year from the last business done.
- Not offering any consultancy services during the course of the audit.
- Declare any conflict of interest that arises out of the audit exercise.
- Stick to the timing of the audit (9am – 5pm or max. 6 pm) with 1 hour lunch time
- ultimately responsible for all phases of the audit conducts
- Authorized to make decision on the conduct of the audit and any audit decision.
- represents the audit team to the organization’s management
- Prepare and submit audit report
- Report to auditee of any critical (IDLH) Non Conformance immediately!!!
- Report any major obstacles encountered for conducting the audit to the auditee representative
Auditor & Assistant Auditor
- Assist Lead Auditor/Auditor to decide if nonconformance exist
- Assist (provide inputs) Lead Auditor to compile audit report
- Shall not give any comments direct to the Auditees. Any comments or feedback on the findings shall be channeled through the Lead Auditor/Auditor.